The Cost of Our Backpacking Trip Through a Part of Europe

 This September I travelled with a friend from Tallinn, Estonia to Slovenia. The plans (you can read about the planning of the trip here) got some major changes due to the floods in a large part of Central Europe (including Czechia and Hungary), so we flew directly from Poland to Italy. More detailed posts and some fun stories about this exciting experience will follow soon.

Let's get one thing straight first: we (my Polish friend and I) have problems with spending money. Even though we could afford to go out for a meal or at least a cup of coffee, we refuse to do so. Our obsession with saving money might be one of the reasons why the cost of the trip was extremely low: all the costs of transport and accommodation (we spent a lot of time staying with friends and me, to be fair) for fifteen days add up to 258 € (food not included, but we lived mostly on instant noodles and discounted bread).

Let's break this down:

·        my transport to Treviso airport: 29,00 €

·        plane ticket from Treviso to Tallinn: 35,00 €

·        accommodation in a Buddhist centre in Tallinn (we slept on the floor of the gompa): 10 €/person

·        bus ticket from Tallinn to Riga: 10 €

·        accommodation in a Buddhist centre in Riga (we slept there for two nights on the sofa in kids' play room): 20 €

·        bus ticket form Riga to Vilnius: 17 €

·        bus ticket from Vilnius to Białystok: 15 €

·        after that we stayed a few nights at my friend's place for free

·        we decided to cancel our FlixBus tickets to Budapest in the last moment due to floodings, the cancellation fee was 30 €

·        train ticket from Białystok to Warsaw and from Warsaw to Krakow: 15 €

·        plane ticket from Krakow to Treviso: 40 €

·        I had too much baggage so a I had to pay a fee: 67 € (this hurts so much)

·        After that, my dad and my sister came to pick us up from the airport and we stayed with my parents and grandma for the rest of the trip for free.

I often said ironically: "gotta love backpacking" during the trip after my back hurt from carrying the backpack and sleeping on the floor and sofas, but I feel like I'm already forgetting the bad things (the plan for next year is to go to Uzbekistan!!!), like the women who give birth and then make themselves believe that the process was not so painful.

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Who Am I and Other Basics

Nicolas No Nickname

The Inability to Do Anything Right as A Woman