My Obsession with Stressing

Here's the deal: I'm obsessed with stressing. I don't know if it's a force of habit or if it's in our nature (I should ask a biopsychologist or someone who knows a bit more about this) or if I'm just mentally unstable, but I can't seem to relax completely. Don't get me wrong: if I decide to watch 90 Day Fiancé (it makes me feel better about my non-existent love life, sue me), eat sponge cake and rot on the couch all day when I'm home alone, I have no problem doing that. The thing is, I'm not calm at all while I'm rolling around on the sofa trying to decide if I want to get up to get a glass of water.

It's normal to be stressing during examination period at the university because I have a valid - I mean, is it really valid if we look at how my life is just a glimpse of time in the universum? (this is something I like to ask myself while deeming if it's worth studying for my law exam) - reason for that, I should really get my degree so I can get the job I want. It's also normal not to be completely relaxed while waiting for the exam results or news of how my cat's operation went. But for good karma's sake, it's the summer break, I passed all my exams two months ago, everyone in my family is healthy and my biggest problem is that I have to call Samsung costumer service to fix my headphones, which should take less than five minutes. But no, instead of doing it right away, I'd rather stress for two weeks and then stress some more and then call them two days before the warranty expires. OK, so I sorted it out, I took the headphones to the service and had them repaired. There's absolutely no need to stress now, is there? Think again! Now I realise that my friend hasn't replied to me in a couple of hours. I'm sure she hates me. Let's stress about it for a while. And then she responds. I'm able to relax for a quarter of an hour before I find out that I have to extend the subsidy for my student's bus ticket. Here comes the stress again. And as I do that, another thing comes up. And then another. It's a never-ending cycle!

I'm working on it. Or should I say stressing while thinking that I should start working on it?

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Who Am I and Other Basics

Nicolas No Nickname

The Inability to Do Anything Right as A Woman